Thursday, January 21, 2010

15¢ for 1944

For my birthday last month, Jessica found for me an authentic Simplicity dress pattern from the 40's.
I was so excited to use it, and opened it up for the first time last night.
...So then I got carried away with the beauty of it and may have made a dress, but that is for another time.

It's so simple and yet so stylish.
And apparently, women back in the day who had a bust of 29" were a size 11?
(measure yourself, you'll understand the absurdity of this)



The pattern pieces are not printed on, and only have cut-out letters to indicate which piece they are.
The little dots indicate darts and positioning.
They're super fragile, so I might trace them onto paper to use the pattern again.

Then...

While I was unfolding the pieces, I found this. It's a totally different pattern!
From 1944!
Jessica said that she didn't know about it, which means that the seller slipped it in there as a bonus!




 And here is a sneak preview of the dress...


I shall do a photo-shoot of it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment