Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today I was wearing this.
It's a sweatshirt that my Mom made me for Christmas.
When I was in elementary school, my mom would make me these really great sweatshirts and t-shirts
for different holidays and events. She covered them with dots and swirls and cute iron-ons.
Eventually I began making my own shirts, but last year I realized that hers are much better when it comes to crafty kitschy schoolwear.


Before I went away for college in September, I asked my family if we could have a shirt-making party.
I wanted to get my hands on some of my Mom's great transfers and I also wanted something to remember my family by because I would be far away in Chicago.
Here are what they made.


by my crazy twin brother Nico and my Dad. The paint on Nico's is so thick, it's like solid plastic.


by Esabella, who was 7, and my older sister Maricella.


This is from my Mom and it's made from some Dia de los Muertos Fabric from San Antonio.
These things are my favorite and I wear them all the time;
I Don't care if I look like a kindergarden student.


No comments:

Post a Comment